Terms and Conditions
‘Works With V’: Third Party Product Purchase Terms
Here’s what you need to know when you buy third party products (not from the V by Vodafone range) directly from us online or you’re directed to buy third party products from a vendor by clicking through via a link from our sites (‘Works With V’ products).
- Product terms
For ‘On the Go’ Works With V products sold online through our site, goods will be bundled with a V-Sim. You will need to activate the V-Sim and select the necessary connectivity price plan before being able to use the full functionality of the product. Vodafone network coverage and GPS signal are required.
For ‘Home’ Works With V products sold online through our site, you will need to ensure you have a compatible hub (where these products require hub connectivity), and you may need to activate a V-Home Service plan, before being able to use the full functionality of the product. Internet connectivity is required. The V-Home Service plan can only be activated with hubs that have been purchased from Vodafone. Please read see product pages and the FAQs for more information.
For ‘On the Go’ and ‘Home’ products that we do not sell ourselves, we will provide a link that will take you to a third party retailer where the product can be purchased. Vodafone has checked that the V-Sim will work in the ‘On the Go’ devices. We do not sell these devices ourselves however, if you choose to follow one of the links, you are purchasing this device from a third party and your consumer rights are protected in line with the vendor’s policies. Vodafone accepts no responsibility for the hardware purchased from a third party, except to the extent it relates to a V-Sim or a V-Home Service plan used in conjunction with these products. In addition, Vodafone C2 Generalis not responsible for the security, data processing or functionality of the third party products, which are used entirely at your own risk.
Third party product terms and privacy policies may apply – please see below for more information.
- Your agreement with us
Products ordered online from our site
By ordering a Works With V product (which is not from the V by Vodafone range) directly from our site, you agree you’ve read and accepted these terms, which comprise the following:
- These ‘Works With V’ Product Purchase Terms;
- If you’re purchasing a V-Sim or the product is bundled with a V-Sim, the V-Sim Terms and Conditions and Works With V Charging Guide (which will apply at the point you activate the V-Sim);
- If you’re purchasing a V-Home Service plan or a V-Home Service plan is required, the V-Home Service Plan Terms and Conditions and Works With V Charging Guide (which will apply at the point in the time you purchase the V-Home Service plan);
- If you download the V by Vodafone App, the V by Vodafone App Terms and Conditions and Privacy Supplement;
- Our E-Shop Privacy Supplement;
- Our V-Sim Privacy Supplement (for ‘On the Go’ products);
- Our Home Add-on Services Privacy Supplement (for ‘Home’ products): and
- Our Returns Policy
- The terms relating to use of this site.
Third party Works With V products that you buy from us online may also be subject to additional terms and privacy policies in respect of both the product and any associated service or app. We recommend you read such terms before proceeding with your order.
Products ordered through third party vendors
By following a link from the ‘Works With V’ online site to purchase a product from a third party, you understand that you are purchasing this device from a third party and your consumer rights are protected in line with the vendor’s policies.
Vodafone accepts no responsibility for the hardware purchased from a third party, except to the extent it relates to (i) a V-Sim used in conjunction with ‘On the Go’ products; or (ii) a V-Home Service plan used in conjunction with ‘Home’ products . In addition, Vodafone is not responsible for the security, data processing or functionality of these products, which are used entirely at your own risk.
If the product is bundled with a V-Sim, the V-Sim Terms and Conditions and Works With V Charging Guide will apply at the point you decide to activate the V-Sim. If the product requires a V-Home Service plan, the V-Home Service Plan Terms and Conditions and Works With V Charging Guide will apply at the point you decide to activate the V-Home Service plan. This will be explained to you during the activation process. If you download the V by Vodafone App, the V by Vodafone App Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement will also apply.
Products that you buy through a third party vendor may also be subject to additional terms in respect of both the product and any associated service or app. We recommend you read such terms before proceeding with your order.
- Your status
If you’re an individual who’s placing an order, you must be 18 years or older to purchase any products or services from us. Please note that to connect your V-Sim you will need to be resident in the UK.
- Your order
When you order Works With V products and services from us online, we treat this as an offer from you to purchase such products and services. We may refuse to accept such orders for any number of reasons - such as a failure to meet credit check criteria, unavailability of products or services, product or pricing errors.
On receipt of your order we’ll send you an email describing the products you’ve ordered. These communications confirm we’ve received your order, but don’t represent any acceptance of your offer to purchase products or services from us. We’re not legally obliged to provide the products and services to you during the offer process (before the contract is completed).
The contract between you and us will only be completed when we dispatch the products to you. Any products or services on the same order which haven’t been dispatched to you don’t form part of that contract. Where it is possible to select a “deliver to store” option the point of dispatch will be when you collect your device from the retail store.
- Price and payment
Despite our efforts, sometimes information, discounts, promotions, e-vouchers and prices on this site may be incorrect. However, we do try to check these as part of our order processing - and if we spot an error we’ll contact you.
Prices are inclusive of VAT unless we state otherwise. Payment will be debited from your card at the point they are ordered. If we’re unable to supply the products or services to you, we’ll notify you and refund the relevant amounts if debited from your card.
To use your Works With V ‘On the Go’ product ordered online, you will need to activate your V-Sim, and select the relevant monthly tariff for your product. You can see the V-Sim Terms and Conditions and Works With V Charging Guide for more information.
To use your Works With V ‘Home’ product ordered online, you may need to activate a V-Home Service plan, however the V-Home Service plan can only be activated with hubs that have been purchased from Vodafone. You can see the FAQs, V-Home Service Plan Terms and Conditions and Works With V Charging Guide for more information.
You’ll need to pay for your order using your debit or credit card. If we’re unable to take payment from your card, we’ll need to cancel your order. If your order is cancelled you can re-order at any time.
Discounts and e-vouchers may be subject to additional conditions (which we’ll make known), are not transferable and only valid for the products and services to which they relate.
- Availability and delivery
Orders for Works With V products placed before 2pm will be delivered within 2 business days. Delivery dates are estimates only. Deliveries will only be to UK addresses.
- How will my order be delivered?
We will send your order by UPS. There will be no additional charge for your delivery.
- Right to cancel and return products
Once you have placed an order we cannot cancel it before delivery. If you’re a consumer (and not a business), you have the right to cancel your online order no later than 14 days after the day you receive your products or services.
To cancel your orders from us within this period, and to arrange the return of products please contact us. You can use live chat or call back on www.v.vodafone.com or in the V by Vodafone app. Alternatively, you can call Vodafone on 191 for free from a Vodafone mobile or 07836191191 from any other UK landline or mobile (standard call charges apply)
Please note the following:
- You’ll need to get a returns code from us before you return your device – without this, we will be unable to process your return.
- You’ll be responsible for the cost of returning the products to us (including any additional items sent with your product, such as chargers) unless:
- we provide you with a free-to-return envelope
- we’ve delivered them to you in error
- the product was damaged or defective at the date of delivery to you.
- You’ll need to take reasonable care of the products until they’re returned or collected by us. We recommend you pack the products securely and use a recorded-delivery service to return any high value products to us.
- We have the right to charge you for any direct costs incurred in collecting the products and missing items, and we may deduct these from any sums owed to you.
- We’ll refund the original purchase price (less any discounts we applied at the time of your purchase) for the products or service you’re cancelling, together with the delivery charge to you (unless the delivery charge was a priority or express delivery cost).
- Refunds will be provided as soon as reasonably possible, and in any case within 30 days of receiving your cancellation request.
- If you have activated your V-Sim, you’ll need to cancel that separately, using the V by Vodafone app – the V-Sim terms apply to the cancellation of the V-Sim service.
- If you have activated your V-Home Service plan, you’ll need to cancel that separately, using the V by Vodafone app – the V-Home Service plan terms apply to the cancellation of the V-Home service.
- Products received as part of an e-voucher or promotion on the order you’re cancelling need to be returned in addition to any other products.
- If a product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, we’ll simply exchange it for another one under our returns policy. You can also return it and get a full refund.
For full details and more information about returns please see our Returns Policy
- Your personal information
We will process your personal data for a number of purposes when you use our services, for more information on how we process your data for different services and how to exercise your data protection rights, please read our:
V-Sim Privacy Supplement (for ‘On the Go’ products); and
Home Add-on Services Privacy Supplement (for ‘Home’ products)
Please note that third party devices that you choose to use with a V-Sim or V-Home Service plan will be subject to their own privacy policies. We recommend that you read and understand these privacy policies before choosing a device. See ‘Your agreement with us’ for more information.
If you’re a consumer (and not a business) that has bought direct from us, the terms of this agreement won’t affect any legal rights you may have under any law, and which we can’t exclude. We’ll send you notices by email, post, text, voicemail or other form of electronic message. Please tell us about any changes to your contact details so we can contact you in relation to your order or use of our services. We may update these terms from time to time, so please check the then-current version before you place your order.
These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and you (and we) agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.
- Our details
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.
Version: July 2019